Families, mountaineers and those seeking peace and quiet will feel at home here all year since you can go hiking, swimming, mountain biking and undertake all sorts of other mountain sports. The many excursions that can be made in the area offer both young and old a wonderful variety of nature, culture, sports, the opportunity to be active and/or laze around and relax.
Carinthia is the most southern and sunniest province of Austria
and since the height differences are relatively modest it is an ideal region for walking or cycling. In spring and summer you can find peace among the green mountains and you can relax at one of the many lakes that are abundant in Carinthia (Lake Afritz, Lake Ossiach , Lake Wörth, Lake Feld and Lake Millstatt).
You can have a completely enjoyable time during the winter in the Gerlitzen skiing area and/or in the municipality of Bad Kleinkirchheim.
You will never be bored during your holiday! There’s so much to do in Carinthia. What about the following options:
- Enjoying wonderful walks. Setting off right from the guest house, headed for the Gerlitzen or the Nockberge National Park
- Swimming in lakes or (wild) rivers, sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, canyoning , rafting, fishing
- Mountain biking, cycling and horse riding
- A cruise tour on one of the lakes
- Or a boat trip from Villach city centre over the River Drava to Lake Faak
- A visit to one of the following locations in Carinthia> Klagenfurt, Villach or Velden am Wörthersee.
- You can also enjoy a day out over the border to Venice, Italy or to Bled in Slovenia
- The climbing course, with views overlooking Lake Ossiach
- Paying a visit to Landskron Castle in Villach
- Summer skiing on Ankogel mountain at ski resort Moelltal Glacier
- Car enthusiasts can visit the Porsche museum in Gmund or the antique car museum in Villach
- Making a beautiful mountain trip on the motorbike or by car. For example, to Nockalmstrasse (Nockalm Road), the Villacher Alpenstraße (Villach Alpine Road) or Mirnock's toll road
- Visit the border triangle of Austria, Slovenia and Italy (Arnoldstein)
- Visit look-out point the Pyramidenkogel in Keutschach am See
- Visit one of the two thermal baths in the immediate vicinity: Villach-Warmbad and Bad Bleiberg
These are just a few examples. There is still a lot more to see, experience and explore in Carinthia.
Kärnten Card and the Erlebniscard
With a Kärnten Card you have free entry to lots of museums, castles and even the use of gondolas. You can also get discounts, including for rafting or canyoning, etc. Look for more information about which excursions are covered by the Kärnten Card and the price of the Kärnten Card.
In addition, the Erlebniscard offers lots of activities such as guided mountain walks, mountain climbing or a workshop on making the famous ‘kasnudeln’ (Carinthian cheese noodles).
Look for more impressions under the button photos